01-02-2014 11:27 AM
After losing power in the recent ice storm we found that we could not get access to the internet. During the fault finding procedure the Bell "tech" rep suggest a total reset on the router. Needless to say this was not the case and Bell had to replace the Fibre Optic cable. We have a 2 Macs and a HP Officejet Pro 8100 wireless printer. Macs worked fine but as the Bell tech rep had changed the SSID and password on the router we could not print. Simple I thought, go the HP support pages and follow the instructions......!! Macs are up to date with 10.9.1 with Mavericks. Needless the say all the instructions on the HP pages did not work. After 3 hours of trying everything I resorted to connecting an ethernet cable from the printer to the router and that finally allowed me to access the set up pages for the printer. Changed the SSID and password and we were back in business. It would have saved so much time HP if you would have clearly identified this as an option to fix the problem.........
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software