Question

Honor Student
Ebed
Message 1 of 6 (5,272 Views)
Accepted Solution

OfficeJet Pro 8600. How do I set printer default to 2-sided to avoid re-setting each print job?

Need to change default from single side printing to 2-sided printing on OfficeJet Pro 8600 running on iMac OS X 10.6.8? I can print 2-sided but don't know how to make that a default. Need help.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 6 (5,249 Views)

Re: OfficeJet Pro 8600. How do I set printer default to 2-sided to avoid re-setting each print job?

Hi,

in order to save the Duplex printing as default, simply make the desired configuration and use it as a preset.

Once the Preset has been saved, it will remain sticky till another Preset will be used.

In order to save the settings as a preset, click  Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset...

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
Ebed
Message 3 of 6 (5,240 Views)

Re: OfficeJet Pro 8600. How do I set printer default to 2-sided to avoid re-setting each print job?

Thank you for your offer to help. I am afraid that I don't know what a preset is. I looked in the user guide that came with my 8600 and also looked in the 246 page user guide that I downloaded from your website. So I am stuck not knowing what a preset is or how to save one. Can't find anything on any of the HP print pop up menus that talks about presets or saving presets. Guess you have tried to help a complete novice.

Thanks for taking the time to help. If you have any more directions that would point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Have a nice day.

Monte Churchill

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 4 of 6 (5,232 Views)

Hi,

A Preset is an option provided by the OS X print dialog which allow you so save the used print settings.

1. Open the file you would like to print.
  2. From the File menu, cclick Print. The Print Dialog appears.
  3. Change the print settings to perform a Two-Sided print job.
  4. On the top of the Print Dialog right after the Printer name you will find the Presets menu.
  5. Open the Presets menu and select Save Current Settigns as Preset.
  6. Assign any name to save the preset and click OK.

Now the saved Preset settings will be used by default till any other preset is selected.

Hope it is more clear now,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
Ebed
Message 5 of 6 (5,226 Views)

Thanks and have a nice day.
Honor Student
TonyD-23
Message 6 of 6 (4,455 Views)

Ebed wrote:
Thanks and have a nice day.

Need to set default for two sided printing

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation