09-10-2013 09:16 AM
I just purchased an Officejet 6600. I am running OS X Version 10.7.5 on both an iMAC and a MacBook Pro. Printer is connected to the wifi. I have installed the drivers directly from the HP website (for 10.7). When a print job is sent to the printer, it shows up on the print que but never prints.
Does anyone know a solution?
09-10-2013 09:42 AM
Reset Printing System function in Mac OS X v10.5.x or 10.6.x, follow these steps:
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Choose Print & Fax from the View menu.
- Hold down the Control key while clicking in the box that appears above the "+" (Add printer) button, then choose Reset printing system.
Now try to add the printer by clicking the + button
Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else .....
09-10-2013 11:35 AM
It sounds like it isn't connected to the right printer. If you did a USB setup of wireless, it is possible that we have the USB queue selected in Print and Scan. This means it is trying to send the print jobs to the USB port on the printer. Since it isn't connected, it just sits there.
If you go to Print and Scan, click on the "+" button can you list the printers you have available to setup for me please?
09-10-2013 01:17 PM
Thanks. It probably doesn't make a difference.
Let's go ahead and delete that printer by highlighting it and then clicking on the "-" After that, please reboot the Mac, pull the power from the printer, and then plug the power back into the printer and let it boot up.
After all of that, go to Print and Scan, click on the "+"
Write down in a reply all that you see in that pop up window and we'll figure out what is happening.
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software