Re: Only first page is printed, the rest empty pages MPB 10.8.2 with HP1022nw (wireless) (316 Views)
Top Student
tmbreuker
Message 1 of 6 (344 Views)

Only first page is printed, the rest empty pages MPB 10.8.2 with HP1022nw (wireless)

Since I updated my MacBookPro to Moutain Lion (OSX 10.8.2) printing has become a pain. Using Word or Preview or any other programme, it will only print the first page. Other pages comen out but are left empty.

Anyone familiar with this problem?

regards, Tom

Tutor
macfellow
Message 2 of 6 (335 Views)

Re: Only first page is printed, the rest empty pages MPB 10.8.2 with HP1022nw (wireless)

Hi there,

SOunds like printing system problem, try this doc from Apple: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1341 to reset the printing system.

I believe it deletes the printing prefs as well and should do it, if you use HP drivers you need to uninstall them first with the hp sw, reset printing system and then reinstall.

If the SW is from apple software update, just reset printing system.

Good luck :smileyhappy:

Top Student
tmbreuker
Message 3 of 6 (323 Views)

Re: Only first page is printed, the rest empty pages MPB 10.8.2 with HP1022nw (wireless)

Hi there,

thanks for the response, I tried resetting the printing system but unfortunately the problem is persistent.

I'm not using the HP drivers, but Mac's defaults. It's a really annoying problem, always missing page 2 or page 4 or page 7...

Hopefully someone got a solution!

HP
stix4
Message 4 of 6 (317 Views)

Only first page is printed, the rest empty pages MPB 10.8.2 with HP1022nw (wireless)

Hello,
Thanks for the post. I know this has been suggested before, but if still not resolved, let's try the steps below. Good Luck!

Reset the Printing System
(CAUTION: this will remove ALL printers from your Print & Fax/print Queue).
1. Open System Preferences --> Print & Fax
2. Right click the box with the printers
3. Click Reset Printing System
4. Authenticate with your user name and password.
5. Unplug and then re-plug your printer and install the printer.

If that does not resolve, can you copy/paste your multi-page document into another editor and print it from there?
I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

Top Student
tmbreuker
Message 5 of 6 (316 Views)

Hello there,

thanks a lot for your help. Actually I did perform the steps you desribe, accept step 5; I use my printer wireless so there's nothing to unplug.

I really think it's a Mac issue though, 'cause we also run a win7 system here and this one works fine with the printer. To me it seems problems started as soon as I updated to Mountain Lion.

Is it possible to install a HP specific driver to solve this?

HP
stix4
Message 6 of 6 (316 Views)

Hello again,
Thanks for the update. I agree, since we are printing w/o issue in a Win7 environment, I suspect the Mt. Lion upgrade. There is not a specific driver from HP but please check the link below that may shed some additional light on this topic. Again, good luck!

http://goo.gl/WKCVz
I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation