P1102w Airprint for iPhone 4 (11099 Views)
Honor Student
linden-frank
Message 21 of 37 (3,533 Views)

Re: P1102w Airprint for iPhone 4

This is a forum, I am just a customer, why should I be a HP employee? Never said that.

I am using windows 7, after the firmware update the printer was working via my iPhone. I have no experience with updating the firmware of the printer on a mac computer. I think you can contact the hp helpdesk for that.

Top Student
sgh77
Message 22 of 37 (3,243 Views)

Hi did you get AirPrint to work on your iphone? I also have the Vodafone modem HG655a, can you install bonjour on it? My printer is an HP c310a and sold advertising AirPrinting, it wont Find the AirPrinter, (Standalone wifi printer) and when it does, I push print but nothing happens, or says that it is no longer avaliable. Any clues?? Cheers (ps... ios 5.0 on ipad and iphone)
Top Student
sgh77
Message 23 of 37 (3,223 Views)

I discovered that if i changed modems (Back to my old DSL-G604T) then its instantly fixed. So its definiety the Vodafone HG665a Modem error, any suggestion as to where from here?
Top Student
sgh77
Message 24 of 37 (3,218 Views)

Correction... The Modem is not HG655a its an Vodafone EchoLife HG655a, and its not AirPrint friendly. This is the standard modem vodafone NZ sends out when you join, its only 1 week old it should have the latest Firmware but I will check.
Provost
ShlomiL
Message 25 of 37 (3,216 Views)

Hi,

Apple devicea uses Apple Bonjour service in order to communicate with the device, which applies for the Airprint feature as well. Bonjour relies on mDNS protocol (which might be named as IP / DNS Multicasting as well)

I would recommend you to contact the router support (e.g Internet Service Provider, router manufactor support, etc.) in order to verify the following:

1. Make sure mDNS is supported by the router
  2. Verify it is enabled - it may be disabled by default for some router models.
  3. Verify your router have the latest Firmware version.
  4. Check your router security - If WPA/WPA2 is used, try with WEP. 
  5. Add Port Forwarding for both incoming and outgoing for the following ports, which being used by Bonjour:

Verify any of those suggestion, then check for any change.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
sgh77
Message 26 of 37 (3,070 Views)

Nope it didnt work with dedicating and opening ports, the router has no mention of mDNS or multicast.

One thing really puzzles me, AirPlay works on my iPad and through my Apple Tv and these use Bonjour to accomplish it. Any thoughts on that, they get through the router.

Why AirPlay and not AirPrint?

Top Student
sgh77
Message 27 of 37 (3,069 Views)

ShlomiL wrote:

Hi,

Apple devicea uses Apple Bonjour service in order to communicate with the device, which applies for the Airprint feature as well. Bonjour relies on mDNS protocol (which might be named as IP / DNS Multicasting as well)

I would recommend you to contact the router support (e.g Internet Service Provider, router manufactor support, etc.) in order to verify the following:

1. Make sure mDNS is supported by the router
  2. Verify it is enabled - it may be disabled by default for some router models.
  3. Verify your router have the latest Firmware version.
  4. Check your router security - If WPA/WPA2 is used, try with WEP. 
  5. Add Port Forwarding for both incoming and outgoing for the following ports, which being used by Bonjour:

Verify any of those suggestion, then check for any change.

I have a question for you in my post above.. just quoted you so the forum would trigger your attention to read it. Cheers

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 28 of 37 (2,993 Views)

Hi,

As Apple TV and Airplay works, indeed it seems that the issuie is not related to Bonjour.

However, as you stated on your own, the Airprint feature working fine with other router.

Therefore the issue being caused by your router configuration only and not related with any of the other terms..

As your router service provider more familier with their hardware capabilities and configuration options, more likely they will be able to provide you some better answers in order to get the issue resolved.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
AlexNorwood
Message 29 of 37 (2,216 Views)

[ Edited ]

After 6 hours, finally got it to work.

Printer was working from MacBook and the old G4 tower mac. But not the iphone or iPads.

There is a firmware update and it just WORKED immediately after installing. MAGICALLY, shows up on iPhone and 2 iPads!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=bi-95186-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

Top Student
sgh77
Message 30 of 37 (2,212 Views)

Problem was with Bonjour, the Apple TV half worked but only the internet part as iTunes (home sharing) didnt work through it. I solved it by getting an Airport Extreme Base-Station.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation