Question

Honor Student
atblaw
Message 1 of 11 (8,539 Views)

PDF's takes long time to print

Hello all.

Here is the situation. We have a new iMac with a LJ 2727nf printer hooked up to it (USB). From the Mac OS, it prints PDF's just like normal. But when we setup a connection to our Remote Servers (using Windows 2003 Server) the PDF's take a very long time to print out the entire document. In this case, the first page prints fine, but the following pages take a few minutes to print out each page. It will say processing job on the printer when the next page prints (after 3-4 minutes) and so on.

In my troubleshooting, we connected a LJ CM2320nf to another separate iMac (through IP) and the issue with this one is that the print job completes like normal, but it will take about 9 minutes before the actual job prints out. I'm not sure why this is happening with two different macs and two different printers, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Honor Student
atblaw
Message 2 of 11 (8,506 Views)

Re: PDF's takes long time to print

Does anyone have anything I can try? The user who is having the problem is pretty annoyed about it. We have a work around, but they aren't content with it.

Student
PClapp
Message 3 of 11 (8,485 Views)

I have the exact same problem. A brand new MacBook Pro, and the C4780 came with. It prints fine, except when I tried to print a pdf, nothing happened. Nothing. I deleted the job and couldn't print anything else, probably because the pdf was still in the queue. Finally, I turned everything off and when I restarted, I was able to print other jobs. 

Now I'm scared to try to print a PDF for fear of gumming up the machine. Any ideas???

One other (minor) problem with the printer - it wants me to "align" a page before copying or printing, but the screen never detects the page I'm supposed to align. That I don't care about - but I need to print pdfs.

Thanks - PC

Honor Student
atblaw
Message 4 of 11 (8,430 Views)

Anyone? We would like a resoultion soon. The person can't keep printing like this.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 5 of 11 (8,428 Views)

What version of OS X?  Where did you get the hp software for your printer?

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
atblaw
Message 6 of 11 (8,312 Views)

The version of OSX is 10.6 Snow Leopard. And all I did when we got the printer was plug it in with the USB cable. Even when I went to HP's website, it doesn't have a link where we can download the software for the Mac. So it's getting it from the Printer I assume.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 7 of 11 (8,304 Views)

OK, actually the drivers are built into OS X.  Let's tend to that:

Download updated drivers from Apple here.

I am employed by HP
Student
MacFanatic
Message 8 of 11 (8,125 Views)

I've had success using pdfPro instead of Adobe acrobat.  You may want to give that a try.

HP Business Inkjet 2800dtn

Mac OS 10.5.8

Honor Student
Bill_S
Message 9 of 11 (8,061 Views)

I encountered this recently with an older HP LJ4000 series.  Ended up I had to change the driver to a generic one.  I think the only one that worked was the Gutenprint driver.  Both Acrobat &  Apple Preview would take forever to print a simple .pdf page.  I've been finding that HP/Apple drivers are not working well anymore with OSX 10.5 or 10.6 mostly with 49 error, but also a few cases like this.

Student
JoyceC777
Message 10 of 11 (8,020 Views)

Hi! I have the exact same problem.  It either takes too slowly, or,.. It will print about an inch and then stop and then slowly reject the rest of the printing job and send the paper out.  If anyone has a solution to this, I would be VERY HAPPY to hear it!   I am now going to try the whole unplugging thing.  

Thanks!  Joyce

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation