Re: Photosmart 3310 printing one color (1652 Views)
Student
cclar8015
Message 1 of 7 (2,226 Views)

Photosmart 3310 printing one color

Need some help with Photosmart 3310 all-in-one wireless.  It has worked fine since purchase 3-4 years ago.  Went to print a picture and it came out a bluesh green (I am color blind) no other colors.  Mac OS 10.5.8 with the last update for HP.  Cleaned the heads x4, aligned, and still getting this mono color.  Have tried printing color copies and off the web, same result. Have changed all of the ink carts, because some had been in since 2008.  Cyan was low and replaced both light and dart with new carts. After replacing the ink carts, got one test page that was almost perfect, except for light cyan, then everything after comes out some shade of ligh blue.  No dark blues, slight green tinge.

Any suggestions?

Honor Student
Rick_Hawaii
Message 2 of 7 (2,020 Views)

Re: Photosmart 3310 printing one color

Am having a similar problem. Did you ever get yours resolved?

Student
rrlevering
Message 3 of 7 (1,976 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem as well.  I only can print in yellow and black.  The other cartridges are non-expired.  I have cleaned print heads, aligned, even taken them out and put them back in, restarted, printed from two different MacBooks.  The machine reports the cartidges as being great in the self-test page, besides not printing the color strips for cyan/magenta inks.  It has been working really well for 4 years or so since I've had it, this is the first problem.

Honor Student
Rick_Hawaii
Message 4 of 7 (1,965 Views)

Mine finally rolled over and died. Was talking with an HP Tech on the phone and he asked for the serial number which is located on the bottom.  When I lifted it up to look, the ink ran out and on to my desk. He said it wasn't worth repairing . . . time for a new printer.

Student
bparel
Message 5 of 7 (1,865 Views)

I'm suffering the same issue.  It's different on different docs. My black prints with maroon around it.  Tried alligning with no success.   Tried a few different cartridges as well.

anyone know what to do?  hate to toss the printer, I have a lot of ink, not in original box. 

Honor Student
Rick_Hawaii
Message 6 of 7 (1,861 Views)

Recommend you toss the printer. You can probably buy a new one for less than the repair cost.

Honor Student
andyjc
Message 7 of 7 (1,652 Views)

Check out the following thread for more info...not a Mac specific problem, just an HP 3310 printer problem:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-printing-questions/Photosmart-3310-printing-issue-seemingly-ink-l...

HP products owned: HP Paviliion dv8135nr, HP Pavillion dv8380us, HP Photosmart 3310 All-in-One, HP Photosmart C7180 All-in-One.
Other equip: Actiontec 56 Mbps wireless DSL Gateway (704)
Security:Norton Internet Security suite.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation