Question

Honor Student
jpatrickhunt
Message 1 of 5 (4,413 Views)

Photosmart 7510 won't scan to Mac OS X Lion

Hello,

I recently installed a brand new HP Photosmart 7510. After downloading the latest drivers from HP, setup worked well, and I can easily print from my MacBook Pro running 10.7.3, with both the computer and printer on the same wireless network. I was also able to print from my iPhone and iPad using AirPrint. Alls well.

However, when I try to scan, I keep getting connection errors. I have wireless scanning enabled in HP Utility, and when I try to scan to file from the printer, it sees the computer and I am able to select it. I changed the name of the computer, and it recognized the change. When I click scan to file, it attempts for a couple of minutes, then fails. The error message is "No Connection. No computer is connected. See printer Help and documentation to troublehoot the connection." But the computer sees the 7510 and the 7510 sees the computer, which I validated by printing and by changing the name of the computer. 

If I try to initiate a scan from the computer (say, using Test in the Scan Tasks window), I get the error: "Could not Connect. Photosmart 7510 series is currently unavailable. Please check if it is turned on and connected, or try again later."

I've gone through all the settings in the HP Utility and Mac System Preferences (turning Scanner sharing on, etc.) to no avail. Can someone suggest a solution? Many thanks.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 5 (4,389 Views)

Re: Photosmart 7510 won't scan to Mac OS X Lion

Hi,

Please check for any available HP Update and then check for any change:

Click the Apple Icon

Click Software Update

Make sure to install any listed HP Update and then try scanning again.

Please let me know of any change,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
jpatrickhunt
Message 3 of 5 (4,355 Views)

Hi,

I followed your instructions and there was no update, therefore, no change. Please advises.

Thanks.

Top Student
MikeJazzL
Message 4 of 5 (4,056 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi JPatrick I have exactly the same problem.  Select the [reset] menu with the right arrow key, then select 'almost full reset' I think. The printer would then shut down. Wait for abt 10 sec before turning on. Should bring you to the very beginning when you 1st turned on your printer. Let it go through the setup song and dance, follow whatever instructions until the choice to setup on the Mac or printer. Pls choice on the Mac (recommended). Again Do the song and dance thingy on the Mac including setting up of ePrint. it would mean a new email addres for hpeprint I'm afraid. There is an update for HP scan for Mac OSX Lion available on the HP website. make sure that is installed. Your scan from the printer should work. Cheers! MikeL

Top Student
MikeJazzL
Message 5 of 5 (4,055 Views)

Oops I missed out; choice between Mac or printer is for the wireless setup....Apologies!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation