03-10-2011 10:38 AM
While I don't have your type of printer (I have an Officejet Pro) it sounds like your utility that reports on ink is not communicating with your printer. What version of OS X are you using? Does your printer show online in System Preferences-->Fax and Print? How are you connected, USB, ethernet, wireless?
03-10-2011 11:50 AM
Its been a while since I have used 10.4. I forget where the System Preferences menu is, did you try the Apple Menu at the upper left? Where ever you do find it, go into System Preferences and select the submenu for faxing and printing. In that menu your printer should appear in the column at the left. There should be a little dot that is either red (off line) or green (on line). Is your printer online?
03-10-2011 04:06 PM
Many thanks for your help. I was out this afternoon and picked up another ink cartridge and that was the problem.
Something was wrong with the other new cartridge. I am in business.
Going to get new MAC soon.
I appreciate your response.
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software