Question

Honor Student
Bob-E-Bob
Message 1 of 6 (487 Views)

Photosmart 8250 ink problem

Have inserted new HP ink cartridge in my HP Photosmart 8250 printer and it still indicates that cartridge is empty.

What is wrong?

Honor Student
Bob-E-Bob
Message 2 of 6 (470 Views)

Re: Photosmart 8250 ink problem

There was no message on my screen from you.

Did I miss something?

Grad Student
Randy_K
Message 3 of 6 (466 Views)

Bob-E-Bob -

While I don't have your type of printer (I have an Officejet Pro) it sounds like your utility that reports on ink is not communicating with your printer.  What version of OS X are you using?  Does your printer show online in System Preferences-->Fax and Print?  How are you connected, USB, ethernet, wireless?

- Randy

Honor Student
Bob-E-Bob
Message 4 of 6 (463 Views)

I am OSX 10.4.11. UBS connected. No online System Preferences. Thanks.

Grad Student
Randy_K
Message 5 of 6 (461 Views)

Bob-E-Bob -

Its been a while since I have used 10.4.  I forget where the System Preferences menu is, did you try the Apple Menu at the upper left?  Where ever you do find it, go into System Preferences and select the submenu for faxing and printing.  In that menu your printer should appear in the column at the left.  There should be a little dot that is either red (off line) or green (on line).  Is your printer online?

- Randy

Honor Student
Bob-E-Bob
Message 6 of 6 (443 Views)

Randy,

Many thanks for your help. I was out this afternoon and picked up another ink cartridge and that was the problem.

Something was wrong with the other new cartridge. I am in business.

Going to get new MAC soon.

I appreciate your response.

Bob

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation