Question

Honor Student
Larryrey
Message 1 of 2 (215 Views)
Accepted Solution

Photosmart B210 not scanning

Hi,I realise from searching that there was an issue with some printers not scanning when Maverick was installed.I am not sure if I have used the scan since I installed it when it was released but either way the scanner is not working now.Printer is working,it is copying okay,all updates installed just no scanner.When I go to scan, a small window which I have never seen before opens telling me that it scan overview, the scanner scans and I am then told that it has scanned but no scan to be found anywhere???? Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 2 of 2 (171 Views)

Re: Photosmart B210 not scanning

Hi Larryrey,

I understand you have a B210 that you're having issues scanning with now that you have the 10.9 operating system. I am sorry to hear this, but I will do my best to help you!

From the sounds of it, you're possibly still using the software from a previous operating system that isn't intended for use with 10.9. If that is the case, you'll want to follow this Uninstalling the Printer Software document to get the HP software removed and then follow this OS X v10.9 Mavericks: Installing and Using the Printer on a Mac document to get the printer installed via the Apple Updates. Once that is done you should be able to scan via the Apple software. If you're not sure how to scan with the Apple software, please follow this How to Scan: OS X v10.9 document to see how.

Let me know how this goes for you!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation