Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am following the instruction of this video(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjd1ZqJ89N4) all goes well till I input the details of my wifi on the webserver page.

Then I wait a bit, switch my mac back to my wifi and reprint a network configuration page.Unlike the video, at 4.33, it's always the previous old IP that shows up. 

Tried zillions of times, printed as many pages, all works up until this stage. 

Thoughts?

Hervé

HP Recommended

Hi Hervé (@zapa2005) and welcome to the HP forums!

I'm sorry to hear you've had issues getting your printer connected wirelessly but I will certainly do my best to help 🙂

Assuming you are using the same setup as others, an older printer with 10.9 OS, I'd recommend that you try waiting a little longer, perhaps up to 5 minutes. If it still won't work, the only other option is to use a computer with an older OS that has HP software available for it and do the USB to wireless setup on that computer to get the the printer on the wireless network.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello MissTeriLynn,

Thanks for your response. A couple of things to clarify:

1- When you say: " I'd recommend that you try waiting a little longer, perhaps up to 5 minutes" could you clarify? Looking at the video, I press "apply". do I wait at this stage before switching back to my home wifi? Do I wait longer after having switched to my wifi? When exactly would you advise to wait longer?

2- I could use a MS machine. In this case:

a- Would you have videos to link me to so to know what process to follow?

b- Would I then be able to connect my Mac (even with Mavericks) to wirelessly connect to my printer or not?

Thanks, Hervé

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply Hervé!

My apologies for the lack of clarity there. I am referring to after you hit Apply. Once you hit Apply the screen should reload to let you know that it was successfully updated, which can take a few minutes, sometimes closer to 5. Before you switch the Mac back to your wireless network, try printing the Network Config page and see if that makes any difference.

If you have a Windows computer computer that has software for your printer, all you would need to do is run the installation, do NOT plug the USB cable into the Windows computer until the software asks you to, and then once the printer is put on the wireless network with the Windows machine, the printer will then be wireless and the Mac (even with 10.9) should be able to see the printer on the wireless network 🙂

Hope that helped clarify!!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for this clarification, much useful.

On the Microsoft front, I haven't started to look but when you say: " all you would need to do is run the installation," What do you mean by this? Do you have some video? I need to look into the laptop (been on mac for too long) but just need to understand what you mean by "running the installation". Apologies if it comes across as a stupid Q.

Cheers, H

HP Recommended

Thanks again for the reply Smiley Happy

Not a stupid question at all! I just mean you'd either run your installation disk, or download the software and run the installation that way. I'd need to know which operating system it is you have on that Windows machine before I can provide any specific instructions. Also knowing which specific printer you have Smiley Happy

If you can get me that information, I will do my best to find you a walk through on the install process!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Awesome, thanks. 

It's Windows7 Entreprise and it's a C4580. Thanks again, Hervé

HP Recommended

You're welcome Hervé!

I'd like you to follow this Installing the Printer Software on a Wireless Network document to get the software installed on the Windows 7 machine.

If you need to download the software, use the following link: HP Photosmart C4580 All-in-One Printer Drivers.

I know you may not be able to try this right away, but let me know how things go when you can Smiley Happy

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for the instructions. After several attempts it all came together. A few things that made the difference for me...I had to walk away from the computer after several of the steps to make sure I was giving everything enough time to "connect".  Also, after configuring the printer and hitting "apply" my computer seemed to lock up and not load the page. I was thinking the process didn't work but it was, its just a strange way to end the work you're doing. If in doubt try printing that second configuration page. That's how I finally figured out it all worked out. Good luck!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.