HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
07-24-2009 02:18 AM
I have a Photosmart C6180 all in one and has tried to solve the looping on/off/on by the metod suggested by smartfriend.
1. While the printer is still turned on unplug all cables and cords at the back of the printer
2. unplug the power cord from the wall
3. Wait for many minutes ( over 2 )
4. Recornnect power cord to wall outlet first
5. Press and hold # ( number sign not pound sign ) + 6 button
6. While holding # and 6 down, connecting the power cord
7. but the printer still loops
What do i do?
I have thinked about getting a new power supply has any one any idea if this will solve the problem.
09-01-2010 05:03 AM
I had the same problem nothing I tried work. I checked the formatter board located on right side, it is board when you plug in camera memory. There are 3 screws to remove case plastic and some clips to release. There are 5 screws holding board in place. I found a swollen capacitor I replace it with a 330 uf 16 v radial cap. My 6180 has never worked better. Hope this helps.