Photosmart D110 Printer stopped printing black (3110 Views)
Student
kaylacrass
Message 1 of 3 (3,110 Views)

Photosmart D110 Printer stopped printing black

My Photosmart D110 all in one printer has stopped printing black. My utility says that it has plenty of black in the cartridge but continues to print all pages blank. I can however get color to print just fine. I have tried reinstalling the drivers for the printer and the problem is still not fixed.

To add, it was working fine a day before when I printed a quick page. No settings were changed and I also made sure to reset the printer to factory default to make sure. I am running Mac OS Lion and cannot use the diagnostic tool to check the printer. Does anyone know what else may be going wrong?

I am going to try a new printer cartridge but I wanted to ask seeing as the level tester is not reading correctly even if it is just the cartridge itself. I would like to know how I would fix this. I have only had this printer since last September but cannot get my serial number or product number to pull up in the system and this has been very frustrating.

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 2 of 3 (3,082 Views)

Re: Photosmart D110 Printer stopped printing black

This document may help:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02002581&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Student
Debowers
Message 3 of 3 (1,001 Views)

Re: Photosmart D110 Printer stopped printing black

I had the same problem and was told to get a new printer. I had just purchased new ink because I thought I was out and had opened the packages...So I was told I couldn't return the ink. I went into tools on the printer to Clean Printhead and it now works... Amazing that the hp help center wouldn't have told me this
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation