03-24-2012 05:30 PM
The HP printer just stops the job and will not print. Any ideas why please ? Ink is good, paper is good, power is good. Using Mac 10.5. It was working great 10 mins ago.
03-26-2012 12:38 PM
Have you checked the Print queue? Try this:
- Click the Apple menu icon ( ), and then click System Preferences on the drop-down menu.
- Click Print & Fax to open the Printers list.
- Click your HP product in the Printers list, and then click Open Print Queue . The print queue opens.
- If you see a Pause Printer button ( ), disregard this step and continue with the next solution in this document.
- If you see a Resume Printer button ( ), click it. This restarts any paused print jobs. If the print jobs did not resume, continue to the next solution.
If this doesnt work try performing a power reset:
- Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
- With the product turned on , disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 15 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
- If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button ( ) to turn it on.
One of theses two solutions should get you back up and running. If not post back with your results and we can go from there. Good luck!
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software