Photosmart D110 series won't print! (11671 Views)
Top Student
chloekayne
Message 1 of 20 (11,671 Views)

Photosmart D110 series won't print!

I'm trying to print a MS Word document on a mac using the Photosmart D110 series all-in-one printer, but it just won't print. I've gone through all the steps on the HP Support thing in addition to my own tactics, but NOTHING will work! I'm freaking out, I need this printed ASAP.

Here is what I've done so far:

*I deleted the printer from the list, restarted the computer, and then added the printer back to the list.

*I unplugged the cord from the rear of the printer and the wall outlet, waited 15 seconds, and plugged both back in.

*I've restarted both the computer and printer.

*I've aligned the cartridges

*I've printed out a Wireless Network Test Report (the printer's connected - both the printer AND computer say there's no connectivity issues. I've got the green light in the "Printer & Fax" box on my computer)

But when I print, the document shows in the print queue and says: Printing page 1, 0% complete... Unable to connect to printer; will retry in 30 seconds...

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 20 (11,649 Views)

Re: Photosmart D110 series won't print!

What version of OS X?  What router?

Let's reset the printing system:

- Go to System Preferences > Print & Fax
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Defualt tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

I am employed by HP
Student
Diamm
Message 3 of 20 (11,228 Views)

I have a year old hp photosmart d110a all in one wireless printer. It had been printing beautifully for me (emails, recipes, photos, etc.) and now will not print any of those items. My iPad 2 says it is sending to the printer and preparing whatever I am printing, but nothing ever prints now. Any suggestion on how to get it to print again? Thank you, Diamm
Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 20 (11,198 Views)

Turn the printer off.  Restsart your router by pulling its power plug momentarily, then wait for it to restart.  Turn the printer back on.

I am employed by HP
Wom Honor Student
Honor Student
Wom
Message 5 of 20 (11,128 Views)

EXACT SAME PROBLEM!  You're not alone, the printer will say that its connected and when you print something it will even say it printed...Sometimes ill try to print something and it will say it printed but it won't.  Aproximately 4-6 hours later (not exaggerating) the printer actually prints it.  Anyways this printer sucks.

Wom Honor Student
Honor Student
Wom
Message 6 of 20 (11,126 Views)

Finally got it to work!  All you have to do is reset your connection with it.  I think its because it trys to use bluetooth even if your connection is bad but says your connected because you're hooked up with the wire.  To fix just follow what the guy above says,  Remove the printer and add it again and if that doesn't work restart your computer and disconnect the printer and turn off the printer and try to disconnect your connection but mine is back online now

Thanks

Honor Student
Jazzy333
Message 7 of 20 (10,631 Views)

same problem....if it prints, but yeah went through the hours of waiting for something to print!!  this printer does suck!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 8 of 20 (10,627 Views)

What router?

I am employed by HP
Student
chance06
Message 9 of 20 (9,240 Views)

I've had mine for a little over a year. it use to work fine when I'd go offline and switch to the printer. ever since I attached the printer to my wireless it works when ever it feels like and says I have problems with the ink cartridges when there is nothing wrong, when it does this it wont work for about a week. I have a Mac book and it is updated to the latest software, what should I do????

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 10 of 20 (9,210 Views)

What router?

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation