Question

Honor Student
gwynasmommy
Message 1 of 7 (2,392 Views)

Photosmart D7360 Printing Green

I have a HP Photosmart D7360 & a MacBook Pro OS X 10.4.11.  I am trying to print some pictures but it's not working.  First my problem was that Photosmart Print wouldn't open, when I clicked on the icon, nothing happened.  So I reinstalled the software from the HP website, now it would open.  But when I went to print the pictures, they print with a haze over it, like someone laid a piece of green plastic wrap across the picture or something.  I changed any ink cartridges that were low at all with genuine HP cartridges, I realigned the print heads, I cleaned the print heads, & it is still not working.  And it's not just my pictures, I also printed the Sample Page & it too came out green.  I can't find anything else in the Support database to try, I can't chat online with a rep b/c Mac is not supported, & I can't telephone tech support b/c as I was informed when I tried to do so, I've had my printer for almost 2 whole years so it's no longer under warranty so I can't get anyone to even talk to me about it.  I've been working on this for hours & as I'm sure you can tell, I am beyond frustrated at this point.  Anyone have any ideas I haven't already tried??  I don't use the printer often, I don't know what that could have to do with it but it's probably been 6 months since I used it last....
Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 7 (2,386 Views)

Re: Photosmart D7360 Printing Green

This is a wild guess: Did you also replace the black cartridge?  If it is low or out the other colors try to make a composite black which has a green tint to it.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
gwynasmommy
Message 3 of 7 (2,374 Views)

Yep, I replaced that one as well.  And I've tried printing on both photo & plain paper, no change.
Student
mctmson
Message 4 of 7 (2,307 Views)

I am having the same problem. When I print the sample page on the Photosmart D7160 the image on the page has a greenish tint to it. I replaced all of the cartriges, ran the print head clean and successfully aligned the printer heads....thoughts?

Honor Student
mrl3311
Message 5 of 7 (1,277 Views)

I have the same problem.  I haven't seen any help here, have you had any change of circumstance?  So frustrating!

Honor Student
mrl3311
Message 6 of 7 (1,251 Views)

I am responding to my own post...any help around here.  I bought a new 02 black cartridge, still the same problem.  I have been loyal to HP printers, but now I am ready to throw this one out the window.  I thought I could at least get a little help here...guess not!

So frustrating. 

Anyone recommend a non HP inexpensive photo printer?

Student
DaveLong
Message 7 of 7 (1,024 Views)

This response may be too late but may help others. I also get "green" photos. This has occured at numerous occasions. My workaround works. Run the "clean print heads" cycle and all photos thereafter (for that day) will be fine. The problem is that I'm sure that the clean cycle uses/loses some ink; it is a hassle; and it takes time and wastes a sheet of photo paper before it is ready to do its job. Very disappointing. I have a new HP Photosmart Plus (B210e) printer.    

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation