HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
02-16-2012 08:29 AM - edited 02-16-2012 08:30 AM
I have got a HP Photosmart 5510e all-in-one connect wirelessly with an iMac running OS x 10.7 Lion and a Macbook running os x 10.6
I can not get the HP Utility to open up on os x 10.7
The icon in the app bar t the bottom of the screen shows it is open and when I click on 'HP Utility' then 'About HP Utility" in the top menubar it shows the version as 5.2.4 but nothing else is happennning, all the other menu items are grayed out
The HP Utility runs ok on OS X 10.6 but not on 10.7
Any ideas anyone.
I ve already the software via the HP website re installed twice
02-16-2012 09:16 AM
Please try the following steps in order to try resolving the issue:
Make sure to completely remove the software using the scrubber tool:
**Please be aware that performing the next steps will remove any installed HP Software.
1. Click on Go menu (Click the desktop, then look at the menu in the bar at the top of the page)
2. Select Applications
3. Select the Hewlett-Packard folder
4. Double-click HP Uninstaller application
5. Follow the uninstallation till prompted to select a device to uninstall
6. Press and hold Control + Alt + Cmd keys on the keyboard simultaneously while you click on Uninstall
7. approve any prompt to uninstall any HP Software.
Next, Repair the disk permissions:
1. Open the the Applications folder.
2. Go to the Utilities folder.
3. Double-click on Disk Utility.
4. Select the hard drive containing the boot volume.
5. Go to the First Aid tab and select Repair Disk Permissions.
Note: This process may take several minutes depending on the Mac and amount of permissions that need to be repaired. The Progress Log will indicate when the proccess has been completed.
Reset the printing system:
*Be aware that resetting the printer system will remove any existing print queue and reset any customized driver settings.
Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences .
Select Print & Scan.
Right-click (or Ctrl + click) your product in the Printers list in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system .
Click OK to confirm the reset.
Type your user Name and Password .
Click OK . The printing system resets.
Now install the latest driver available from HP site. I included the download link below.. If you already have it saved on your mac, simply make sure to verify the file name is the same as below:
Finally, install any available HP Update by clicking the Apple icon and then About This Mac.
Please let me know of any progress,
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution
02-23-2012 08:09 AM - edited 02-23-2012 10:12 AM
Had two threads open and replied to the wrong one!
If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal.