Question

Student
Pascalfs
Message 1 of 3 (3,186 Views)

Photosmart Plus B210 unable to setup Wireless Network

Just purchased the B210a. We have Mac OS X 10.6.7 and use Airport to connect to the internet

The Wireless Network Test report  states that "More than one access point/wireless router has been found that matches your wireless network name SSID. If this is not intended, your HP printer may connect to the wrong wireless network. If you change your network name, you will need to configure the SSID on all wireless devices to match your new network SSID"

Also the test stated No flltering FAILED. The IP address is 192.168.1.12.

Any ideas on how to solve so I can set up this printer wirelessly (for our mac and ipad)?

Teacher
Vishu_Coder
Message 2 of 3 (3,158 Views)

Re: Photosmart Plus B210 unable to setup Wireless Network

[ Edited ]

Hey Pascalfs!

Actually you need to run the setup wizard on the printer front panel first. And get connected correctly.

As you need to know your ssid name and wep key.

Open System Preferences and select Network.

mac forget wireless wifi network 2

Please check which one is active. Click on the connection you are connected. That will show you Network name. You need to know the key now ...

you can use Keychain utility to get the key of your network.

And perform wireless setup wizard from the printer front panel.

Once connected.

Run the CD on your mac. your computer will list your printer with kind as bonjour.

Let me know if that helps.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accept as Solution"

Thanks and Regards
vishu
Student
avalonmo
Message 3 of 3 (2,821 Views)

Re: Photosmart Plus B210 unable to setup Wireless Network

Hi-

I have the same problem and I followed the instructions on the setup wizard on the touchsmart keypad and the wireless is found, but it won't connect.  I ran the test report, but it doesn't give me an IP address that I can manually input.  I am trying to get this to work on my MacBook Pro, not sure if it is a Mac issue or not.  Any help would be welcome, I'm a complete newbie.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation