Photosmart c4280 error "usb not connected" (7998 Views)
Honor Student
cpjpbnut07
Message 1 of 4 (7,998 Views)

Photosmart c4280 error "usb not connected"

I have a HP Photosmart C4280 All in one print.  I can print from it and copy but every time i try to scan something I get an error on the printer that says "USB not connected"  I've scanned before and had no problems with it. 

Can anyone help he??? I know its definitely not the usb because I can print and have used a different cord any still get an error. 

Im using Mac osx 10.4.11

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 4 (7,988 Views)

Re: Photosmart c4280 error "usb not connected"

What happens when you initiate a scan from the Mac?

Why not upgrade to 10.5 or 10.6?  10.4 is officially unsupported by Apple and HP now.

I am employed by HP
Teacher
andmalc
Message 3 of 4 (7,970 Views)

This message when you press the scan button means that the HP software is not installed or not working properly.

Check for a Hewlett-Packard folder in Applications.  If the folder is there, run the HP Uninstaller program. 

Now download the software package for Mac 10.4 from here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-55008-2&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

When the software is downloaded, install it.

Student
tomerosscomcast
Message 4 of 4 (7,692 Views)

Here is a work around :smileyhappy:

OK Folks, the HP software does not work with Snow Leopard.

I
f you use the Preview program from Apple it should work fine in preview to scan it to PDF or Jpg... at least it does for me. I couldn't save it at first and selected it and opened pages and then chose the save function from preview and it worked fine. There are hundreds of postings about this problem on other tech forums, It's a Shame the HP people haven't figured out yet they have a problem...They of course already have our money and are making new scanners that work with Snow Leopard. I'll be impressed if they fix this problem, it's been out there a while.

Tom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation