HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
05-08-2012 05:43 AM
I am new to this forum. Here is my problem. I have a Photosmart 310 connected to a wireless network. When I turn it on it prints one job fine, but then I get a message that my printer is not connected to the network. I can see the printer in my finder window and if I use printer utility it will print out test pages. But will not print anything else.
Am using Mac 10.7.3 and a TP Link router. I have installed the latest update, did not help.
If I send a job off and then restart the printer then it will print out.
Can anyone help me?
05-13-2012 01:41 PM
Let's set a static IP address for the printer:
- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you do not know the range, change the last set of numbers (those after the last '.') to 250
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.
- Enter 18.104.22.168 for the first DNS and 22.214.171.124 for the second DNS. This is Google DNS. You can choose another external DNS if you wish.
- Click 'Apply'.
Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.
After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos star in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP