Question

Top Student
MrRob
Message 1 of 5 (507 Views)
Accepted Solution

Print job keeps getting stuck in queue and won't finish

[ Edited ]

Running Mavericks OSX 10.9.2.  Every time I print the print job just gets stuck in the queue.  I already removed the printers, uninstalled existing SW, reboot and downloaded and installed current drivers and (v12.34.37) and still no success. 

Now my son is also reporting the same problem on his Macbook (I think he is also running 10.9.2.)

Anyone know how to solve this?

Top Student
MrRob
Message 2 of 5 (484 Views)

Re: Print job keeps getting stuck in queue and won't finish

The SW update Apple provided today did NOT fix the problem....is anyone from HP here to help...please.

PhD Student
MBJustice
Message 3 of 5 (481 Views)

Hello MrRob,

Sorry you are seeing issues with the printer queues.  I have a couple of things to do that should resolve this quickly. 

The first is to Reset the Printing System.  This puts the Mac OSX printing system back to a default known good state.  Here is a Apple doc on how to do this.  http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14141.

The second thing to do is Verify/Repair disk permissions.  I do this on a monthly basis and after every update.  Anytime something weird is going on, like a feature that use to work doesn't, or options are no longer available, etc.  I repair disk permissions.  This is done through the Disk Utility in the Applications/Utilities folder on your Mac.  

After doing both of those, reboot your Mac and power cycle the printer, readd the printer to Printers and Scanners and try it again.  

Top Student
MrRob
Message 4 of 5 (472 Views)

Hi MBJustice,

Thank you for your suggestions...followed your directions exactly. Lots of disk permissions fixed however, the printing problems still remain. This is so frustrating!
Top Student
MrRob
Message 5 of 5 (419 Views)

Re-tried all the instructions again and this time I was successfull.  Thank you.

Rob

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation