Question

Student
kithat81
Message 1 of 2 (592 Views)

Printer Driver does not show up on my Mac

I have a MAC with the MAC OS X 10.5.8 software update and I am trying to install my HP DeskJet F4435 printer to it.  My first problem is, there are no drivers that appear for my printers or my series under the list of drivers, do I have been selecting HP Deskjet Series 1.3 because I heard I could use that for my printer.  Second, when I go to print, the print job shows up in the print queue and it says it's printing BUT nothing happens.  The document doesn't print and eventually the document disappears from the queue.  HELP!!! I have tried everything.  I have unplugged everything and replugged it, I have delted the printer and reinstalled, I have tried to use a different driver, I have checked the printer cartridges by taking them out and reinstalling them, I have check the paper tray but nothing seems to help!  Can you tell me what I am doing wrong????  This printer is in GREAT SHAPE...we barely use it and it worked great with our old HP laptop.

Thanks!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 2 (535 Views)

Re: Printer Driver does not show up on my Mac

Download and install this: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-69225-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

You may want to consider upgrading your OS X.  10.5 is losing support by a lot of companies and hardware....

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation