Printer Unavailable to connect to computer (HP Photosmart Premium c310) (961 Views)
Student
Rnglvr
Message 1 of 2 (961 Views)

Printer Unavailable to connect to computer (HP Photosmart Premium c310)

Hi,

I'm having trouble connecting my printer to my computer. I have a mac OS10.6 and an HP Photosmart Premium c310.  

The printer is recognized under the Devices in the HP Utility window and the Laptop is also recognised on the printer. But when I Click on it to begin scanning or printing it gives me an error message saying that it could not connect. It states "Photosmart Prem C310 series [1BCBAF] is currently unavailable. Please check if it is turned on and connected, or try again later."

-I have tried later, restarted both my computer and printer.

-I have run the wireless test report and no problems were found and the signal quality is very good.

How can I properly connect my printer to my laptop?

Thank you,

Rnglvr

Master's Graduate
Mandy_G
Message 2 of 2 (938 Views)

Re: Printer Unavailable to connect to computer (HP Photosmart Premium c310)

Hi Rnglvr,

Are you using a wireless router to connect between the Mac and the Photosmart? Which router model do you use?

On the Wireless test report you should also see the IP address of the Photosmart. Please insert the IP address in the browser URL field and verify, if you can access the embedded web server (EWS). If that works fine, the connection should be ok.

Depending on the router though, it may still be a Bonjour connection issue. In the Safari browser you may use the Bonjour bookmark to access the EWS of the Photosmart. To enable the bookmark, open Safari, click on Safari and choose Preferences. Then open the Bookmarks tab and check the box for "Include Bonjour bookmark". Now you close the Safari preferences and open the Bonjour bookmark - you should see your printer listed (or if more devices you may see a folder Printers or Webpages and in that folder your printer is listed). If the EWS does not open, then it could be your router does not support Bonjour protokoll. In that case, please contact your service provider for information if router maybe needs a specific setting for Bonjour (mDNS/Multicast) or if you maybe need a different router.

To verify if the photosmart has no issue, you can test an ad-hoc connection to the Mac. For this you will to reset the network settings to default (setup menu - Network). On the Mac you open your AirPort icon and locate the SSID of your Photosmart. Then run the HP Setup Assistant again and test printing and scanning.

Best regards,
Mandy

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Thumb up in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation