Question

Student
sfredrich
Message 1 of 4 (7,491 Views)

Printer not Printing

I am having issues with my Deskjet 6940 not printing.  When I first purchased it about a year ago, it worked fine.  I later disconnected it and stopped using it for a few months, and when I attempted to use it again, it will not print.  I have reset the printer, checked and changed the ethernet cable (which is directly connected to my computer although I use wireless internet), and uninstalled and reinstalled the software many times, however the printer does not show in the Printer Setup Utility.  The power button is green, and the network connection light is also green and not flashing.  My operating system is a Mac OS X 10.4.11.  If you can help, please do so!  Thank you!!
Honor Student
Huck80
Message 2 of 4 (472 Views)

Re: Printer not Printing

Have HP Officejet J4680. Will sometime print first line of page but will not print other text of Email or letter on Microsoft Works. Have unplugged and restarted without success.

PhD Student
MBJustice
Message 3 of 4 (462 Views)

Hi Huck80,

What happenes if you try to print from a native OS application like TextEdit, or Preview? 

Honor Student
Huck80
Message 4 of 4 (457 Views)

Hi. Put in new ink cartridge and all was well. Thanks.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation