04-05-2014 09:10 PM
I have a mac x 10.5.8 - I have an HP F4280
My printer is no longer connecting with my computer. I have tried different USB cords and its still not working.
It will photocopy and all the lights are on.
I followed the troubleshooting guide and deleted the printer. it will not communicate at all.
I followed all troubleshooting guides and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated.
04-08-2014 07:39 AM
Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!
I see by your post that the Mac isn't communicating with the printer.
I will be happy to help you.
Restart the Mac and the printer.
Check the system profile to see if the printer is being recognized at all on the Mac.
Go to the Apple, select about this Mac, click more info, select hardware on the left side of the window, then select USB under hardware, on the right hand side of the window it will list all the USB devices connected.
Check to see if the printer is listed.
If the printer isn't listed then try another USB port on the Mac.
I would try the printer another computer to rule out the USB port on the printer is damaged if you have one available if you are still having issues.
Please let me know if you need further assistance.
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.
Have a nice day!
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software