HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-26-2012 05:04 PM
I've downloaded the lastest driver for Mac OS X 10.5 and there's option for printing in black and white. The proper driver is selected in System Preferences. Where can a find a black and white print setting?
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-28-2012 03:39 AM
Follow the steps below in order to print using Black Ink only:
1. From the application used to print, click the File menu and select Print.
The Print window appears.
NOTE: The Print window might be minimized: Click the blue triangle next to the product model to see all available settings.
2. To access the color options, click the lowest selection box listed as the name of the program (e.g. TextEdit)
Will appear as Copies & Pages within Microsoft Office applications.
3. Select Paper Type/Quality from the drop-down menu.
4. Click the triangle next to Color Options to expend the settings.
5. Set the Color field as Grayscale.
6. You may set the Grayscale Mode as Black Ink Cartridge Only to avoid using any color for grayscale printing..
You may save the settings for future use by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset...
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution
08-17-2012 10:35 AM
I have an HP Photosmart 3300 and use it with an iMac on OS 10.6.8. I would like to set the default print option to black/white or greyscale.
However, when I hit command-P or use the menus (in all apps), there don't seem to be any "color options" or "paper/type options" in the (expanded) dialog box or drop down menus.
Thanks in advance!