Question

Eds Honor Student
Honor Student
Eds
Message 1 of 2 (943 Views)

Printing half size pages

I am on a Mac and I have purchased preprinted invitations and need to add time, date, directions, etc to them.  They are the size of half a regular page (8.5 X 5.75).  When I load them (properly) I get one of two messages.  "Load paper face down in main tray."  or "Reinsert paper with the printing side facing down."  When I load a plain sheet of the same size with no writing on it...it prints properly.  Seems like the Photosmart C6180 All in One is reading that there's something already printed on the paper and rejecting it.  Help.  I worked hours on this trying every setting I can find in my Mac OS X5.7.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks.

Eds 

Top Student
Digitap
Message 2 of 2 (711 Views)

Re: Printing half size pages

Is it possible that you have either the paper selection setting to Automatic?  Sometimes the printers do an automatic paper check with some sort of a light to determine the paper type.  Have you tried to manually set the paper type (ie choose "plain paper" instead of the options such as "automatically detect"?  Sometimes these settings are also available for print quality.  So maybe also choose "Best" or something similar rather than a settting which chooses the print quality based on the paper type.  Not sure, but just a thought since it seems to be seeing something on the paper.

I'm an HP employee, but do not work in an official support capacity on this forum. My posts are strictly my own opinion and not HP's.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation