HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-23-2012 10:28 AM
Hi I am having problems printing wirelessly on my macbook with bonjour. I set up the printer and it prints ok. But after awhile it loses comunitcation. I have to always turn off my router to reset when ever i need to print. I tried assigning the printer a static IP address but it still does the same thing.
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-23-2012 08:57 PM
In order to deal with the Bonjour issue, most likely it depands on your router, Will be helpful to know your router brand and model to better understand the reason.
As a workaround, you may also set the printer by IP, I believe it should help:
- Enter System Preferences > Print & Fax or Print & Scan.
- click the Plus sign to add a printer.
- click the IP icon at the top.
- Select the HP Jetdirect Socket protocol.
- Type the printer IP Address.
- Confirm and a new print queue will be created.
Print using the newly created print queue, listed as the printer IP address.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution