Question

Honor Student
HPscanquestions
Message 1 of 6 (598 Views)

Scan not working "No Computer Found"

I have a mac, running Mac OS X 10.6. I have succesfully installed the wireless printing function of my HP 3522 printer. However, when I try to scan from the printer it reads "No computer Found" on the printer screen. 

I have tried all of the help solutions listed on the forum: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03569738&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5231946&tmp...

But I hit different problems with each solution listed. Example: Solution 2 from above link: In my HP Utility window (step 7) there is no "scan settings" listed.   In Solution #4: I can't locate a "Hewlitt-Packard" folder anywhere on my computer, and there insn't an unistall HP Printer option listed in the Application menu.  

Help! I can't scan!  :smileyhappy: 

Grad Student
yellstr
Message 2 of 6 (580 Views)

Re: Scan not working "No Computer Found"

Hi

It seems that you do not have all the software components installed.

Please try this package:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL42576/al-103382-2/Deskjet-3520-series_v12.23.0.dmg

Honor Student
HPscanquestions
Message 3 of 6 (566 Views)

Thank you! That worked! I'm up and running with printing and scanning.

Honor Student
reefbreak
Message 4 of 6 (527 Views)

Do you have the link for the Envy 4500, Mac OSX 10.6? I have the same problem. Thanks!

HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 5 of 6 (507 Views)

Hi reefbreak,

Thank you for your post. I have been able to locate drivers for your Envy 4500 with Mac OSX 10.6. Click here to be able to go to the Support and Driver page on HP.com. This will take you right to the download page for the drivers that you need.

Please let me know if this has resolved your issue

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
reefbreak
Message 6 of 6 (503 Views)

Thanks, but no, it didn't work. I did find the answer, though. HP requires that you register for that feature to work. Shameful, but that's the only thing that worked. No more HP for me after this.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation