Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 8500 Plus
Other

The release of the new OSX 10.11 El Capitan removed the option to scan to the computer directly from the printer. 

reseting the printing system and reinstalling the printer no longer function and was never a long term solution but rather a fortnightly recurrent procedure to maintain function. 

the buit in driver for the printer is just not enough and we need a proper solution in order to maintian this printer useful. 

HP do you have any solutions or plans for a proper fix ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Install the HP Easy Scan app below:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hp-easy-scan/id967004861?mt=12

Next go to System Preferences > Printers & Scanners and double click the printer, then open the Setting tab and open the HP utility.

Ensure that Scan to Computer is enabled and check for any difference.

Please let me know the results,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
HP Recommended

Hi,

Install the HP Easy Scan app below:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hp-easy-scan/id967004861?mt=12

Next go to System Preferences > Printers & Scanners and double click the printer, then open the Setting tab and open the HP utility.

Ensure that Scan to Computer is enabled and check for any difference.

Please let me know the results,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Cheers ! so far so good, back in action ! 

HP Recommended

Great to hear so @hathatul!

Cheers,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

.. (posted this as a new thread)

HP Recommended

Your solution works still and better than ever, however there is one issue i can't get around and that is that in the printers setting the douplex check mark keeps on being removed. so everytime i want to print in duplex i have to get into system preferences and to the printer and re-check the box for duplex module being present. only then i can return to my document and the duplex print option will appear as expected in the menu. 

any ideas how i can make this check mark stay ?

Cheers

HP Recommended

I have tried this suggested solution to get my scanner to work (numerous times) with the new El Capitan on OSX but am still gettting the error message HP Officejet J6400 series is currently unavailable. Please check if it is turned on and connected, or try again later.

HP Recommended

Yes, for me it worked!

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Solution didn't work.

HP Easy Scan lists the Scanjet 4010 but hangs when you try to run it.

HP Recommended

Sorry to be such a noob; but when I double click on the printer, I do not see a 'Settings tab'.  I have Edit | Printer | Jobs | Window | Help as menu items.  There is a 'Settings' in the window that pops up, but it only shows the name and location for the printer for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.