Scanjet 2400 & OS X Mavericks
Replies (12)
Message 11 of 13 (3,728 Views)

Re: Scanjet 2400 & OS X Mavericks

Same problem with ScanJet 3800. Scans ok, saves garbage.

There have been beta versions of Mavericks out for more than one year, but HP again didn't manage to release updated drivers for many of their scanning devices on time.

I'm shortly before throwing out my currently unusable HP equipment and migrate to Epson Scanners and printers.

(Yes, they work ootb in Mavericks!)

Rediculous software and support in my opinion.

I'm fed up in polling on a daily basis if HP got updated drivers on their site (and find out - no). I simply want to do my work.

Message 12 of 13 (1,710 Views)

I have a Scanjet 2400 and was not using it for a long time. THis week I had to use it and found that Maverick was not reading the info from the scanner, just as described by everyone in this forum. Looked into several other sites and found a way to make it work. It is so complicated (running 2 separate setup softs to ajust) that I simply gave up.

I'm still waiting for HP to find a solution to it. 

Looks like HP simply doesn't care about these old models...

Next time I will by a Canon or Samsung...

Grad Student
Message 13 of 13 (1,680 Views)

Please take a look at this post in the Consumer forums.

This explains the issue and may help people with the scanners that were updated.  

Unfortunately the 2400 will not be updated with Image Capture Support.

There is a third party solution called VueScan that does support the 2400c.  You can check it out here.

I work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation