HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
03-11-2012 06:14 PM
I'm using an Officejet 4500 G510n all in one wireless with a MacBook. I received a job application attachment (.pdf) in email that was 2.6 MB, to fill out by pen. I downloaded and completed it and scanned it in to email back. The scanned forms came to 46 MB!! How do I get it to scan at about the same size as I received?
04-18-2012 11:53 AM - edited 04-18-2012 11:56 AM
There are a number of things you can do to reduce scan size:
* Decrease the scan resolution. You shouldn't need anything over 200 dpi for a document scan - unless you plan to convert to text (via OCR). 300 dpi is adequate for scans when you plan to OCR the output.
* Scan in Grayscale or Black & White. Black & White will provide you with the smallest file size.
* Make sure that you save the file to a format such as PDF or JPEG. These formats will compress the image. Don't save the document in a uncompressed format such as TIFF.
* If the software provides you the option to set the image compression (sometimes referred to as "Quality"), try setting the value for more compression.
Hope this helps,
I work for HP.
- Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
- Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"