HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
02-29-2012 09:27 PM
Give us more details.
1. Can you use the copy function from the printer. If it has same issue, then it should be something to with the printer and not software.
2. If copy is OK, check whether scan to memory card or scan to network folder work from memory.
3. Also, if it is wirless connection, try other connection like, USB or Ethernet connections.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
03-01-2012 10:58 AM
It seems as the default scan workflow configured to crop the picture by its default settings.
First, install the Critical Update below:
Now change the device settings as following:
1. Open the HP Utility and select your device.
2. From Scan Settings open the "Scan to Computer".
3. Click the "Scan Tasks" tab.
4. Select the Scan Shortcut used to scan, then click Edit.
5. In the section of Scan from an HP Device click on the blue triangle to enlarge the menu.
6. From the enlarged menu now open the drop-down menu next to Crop To and set as None.
7. Click OK and try scanning again.
Please let me know of any change,
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution
03-20-2013 02:10 PM
I had gotten around this issue by first scanning (scan to computer)>Preview menu>File>Import from Scanner>HP Officejet Pro 8600>Overview Scan>uncheck "Use Custom Size" under resolution and changing it to letter size. THIS procedure of setting "Crop to" option to none was the SIMPLE solution! Thanks so much for the time saver!!!!! Wish that I had checked here first!