12-29-2009 06:17 PM
I'm trying to scan using c4480 scanner/printer attached to a MacBook Pro using OS 10.5.x. When I try to open the "HP Scan Pro" software I get a message saying "scanner could not be initialized (scanner cannot be found)". I am able to print so I know there's a connect between the printer and computer. How do I troubleshoot this?
Bonus issue - I am able to print, but color doesn't seem to work; only B/W. Would this be a problem with color printer cartridge?
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software