Question

Student
BDV2009Ro
Message 1 of 2 (640 Views)

Scanner not working.

I got a HP Photosmart C4280 a little over a year ago. And well for some reason it doesn't scan. I connect it through the USB cable that came with it and when I click the scan button it loads and then says "USB cable not connect" But it is. It will print things out alright but if I try scanning it wont work. And I know for sure it is the printer itself because I tried scanning something on my other laptop and it did the exact same thing. Is there something I can do? I'm pretty sure the factory warrenty is gone but I need a scanner, and buying a new scanner is out of the question.

Honor Student
tommynacc
Message 2 of 2 (609 Views)

Re: Scanner not working.

[ Edited ]

BVD,

I had the very same problem, and posted it on another thread.

What I ddi was find an old driver, delete the current one and restore the old one.

(I'm going to put the following in uppercase, simply because I don't think HP is paying attention to it, or doesn't seem to be paying attention to it.)

THERE IS OBVIOUSLY SOMETHING WRONG WITH A RECENT DRIVER UPDATE, AS MANY SCANNERS DON'T WANT TO SEEM TO WORK. I AM RUNNING LEOPARD, WITH A NEW AND UNOPENED SNOWLEOPARD DISK WAITING TO BE INSTALLED, BUT DO'T WANT TO DO IT BECAUSE OF CONFLICTING REPORTS OF PROBLEMS WITH PHOTOSHOP AND THE SNOWLEOPARD UPGRADE.

HP IN TURN HASN'T RESPONDED TO ONE EMAIL, PHONE CALL OR RESPONSE ON THIS BOARD. IT IS GETTING TO BE A VERY FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE, ONE WHICH THE SOLUTION WILL BE TO NEVER BUY AN HP PRINTER EVER AGAIN--IF--THE POWERS THAT BE DON'T GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER!

Once again, apologies to all for making this so blunt, but I find it almost impossible to conprehend that the printer manfacturer of all printer manufacturers, whom once prided itself on quality and service, has now fallen by the wayside.

Nothing is sacred!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation