Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Photosmart 5520 wirelessly connected to a MacBook Air. (Wireless through an Airport Extreme) Everything was working great and now when I try to scan to email I get a "Server Connection Error 403." I have downloaded the latest Apple software drivers for HP and no change. Scan to computer works, but not scan to email. Any advice greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You may have to perform a partial or semi-full reset on the printer. This will completely reset the printer back to the way it was when you purchased it. However, I cannot post these steps on the forums as it is against HP policy.  If you are interested in these steps, just let me know and I will send you a private message with them in it. 

Thanks,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature

View solution in original post

274 REPLIES 274
HP Recommended

Were you able to resolve your problem?  I am having the same issues. Please help. Thanks

HP Recommended

Try the following steps:

1. Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
2.  Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
3. Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Default tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

If I have been helpful or if you’d like to say thanks you can click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.  I really appreciate it!

Best of luck,
Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

My wireless HP Photosmart 5520 Printer is displaying this message:- "Server Connection Error 403."

Scan to email is not working. Please advise a fix. The printer is virtually new and I am very disappointed with it.

HP Recommended

Follow these steps to perform a hard reset on printer.

1. Press the Power button to turn on the product.

2. With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.

3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

4. Wait at least 15 seconds.

5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.

7. If the product does not turn on by itself, press the power button to turn it on.

Try that and let me know if it helps!

Best of luck,

Kyle

Signature
HP Recommended

I have tried to the 2 solutions given for the server connection error 403, but they don't work (disconnecting power cord and deleting and reloading the printer).

I am trying to use the scan to email option on my 5520 printer.  I have been continually getting a failure to connect to

server error.  Now I'm getting a scan failed error.

Scan to email worked the last time I used it (6 weeks ago), nothing has changed, but it doesn't work now.

How can I fix this?

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

What happens when you try to scan directly to the computer?

Signature
HP Recommended

Hi,

The scanner does work with my computer.  The scan to email function doesn't work.  I repeatedly get the "server connection error:403" with the message "There was a problem connecting to the server. Touch Retry to connect again or OK to exit."

My printer is connected to the internet, so no trouble there.  I was given this printer as a gift for Christmas 4 months ago, I have only been able to get the scan to email functon to work about 5 times and that was weeks ago.  Now the norm seems to be the problem connecting to the server.  Touching "Retry" never works.

Your help is appreciated.

HP Recommended

I think there was an issue with Scan to Email in general, but it should be resolved now. If not, you best bet is to download the "Scan to Email" app available on the printer and that should get everything working for you again!

Best of luck,

Kyle

Signature
HP Recommended
Thanks, it worked!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.