01-20-2013 02:43 PM
I have an HP Photosmart 5520 wirelessly connected to a MacBook Air. (Wireless through an Airport Extreme) Everything was working great and now when I try to scan to email I get a "Server Connection Error 403." I have downloaded the latest Apple software drivers for HP and no change. Scan to computer works, but not scan to email. Any advice greatly appreciated.
This question was solved. View Solution.
Re: Server Connection Error 403.
06-06-2013 12:13 PM
You may have to perform a partial or semi-full reset on the printer. This will completely reset the printer back to the way it was when you purchased it. However, I cannot post these steps on the forums as it is against HP policy. If you are interested in these steps, just let me know and I will send you a private message with them in it.
03-29-2013 07:23 PM
04-21-2013 11:16 PM
My wireless HP Photosmart 5520 Printer is displaying this message:- "Server Connection Error 403."
Scan to email is not working. Please advise a fix. The printer is virtually new and I am very disappointed with it.
04-22-2013 06:52 PM
Follow these steps to perform a hard reset on printer.
1. Press the Power button to turn on the product.
2. With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
4. Wait at least 15 seconds.
5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
7. If the product does not turn on by itself, press the power button to turn it on.
Try that and let me know if it helps!
Best of luck,
04-22-2013 11:08 PM
I have tried to the 2 solutions given for the server connection error 403, but they don't work (disconnecting power cord and deleting and reloading the printer).
I am trying to use the scan to email option on my 5520 printer. I have been continually getting a failure to connect to
server error. Now I'm getting a scan failed error.
Scan to email worked the last time I used it (6 weeks ago), nothing has changed, but it doesn't work now.
How can I fix this?
Thanks for your help.
04-23-2013 02:45 PM
04-23-2013 10:50 PM
The scanner does work with my computer. The scan to email function doesn't work. I repeatedly get the "server connection error:403" with the message "There was a problem connecting to the server. Touch Retry to connect again or OK to exit."
My printer is connected to the internet, so no trouble there. I was given this printer as a gift for Christmas 4 months ago, I have only been able to get the scan to email functon to work about 5 times and that was weeks ago. Now the norm seems to be the problem connecting to the server. Touching "Retry" never works.
Your help is appreciated.
04-24-2013 12:10 PM
I think there was an issue with Scan to Email in general, but it should be resolved now. If not, you best bet is to download the "Scan to Email" app available on the printer and that should get everything working for you again!
Best of luck,
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software