Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem and have tried all fixes listed and it still wont work. I can scan from my computer without a problem. 

???

HP Recommended

Have you tried downloading the Scan to Email app? Also, you do have the printer on a network connection and not USB, correct?

Thanks,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

yes, the printer is connected thru wifi. I can scan from my computer but can't scan to email from printer. I used to be able to and it just stopped working. I did download the app and that doesn't work either. my printer is a 6520. I tried the fixes you suggested in this post. I also tried deleting the email and adding it back, I also tried a different email address...

HP Recommended

You may have to perform a partial or semi-full reset on the printer. This will completely reset the printer back to the way it was when you purchased it. However, I cannot post these steps on the forums as it is against HP policy.  If you are interested in these steps, just let me know and I will send you a private message with them in it. 

Thanks,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Dear Kyle,

I (also) tried everything you said in the previous messaging chain - could you send me instructions what to do instead? Symphoms are exactly the same as for the other persons having posted here. Hard resets and also new download of "scan to email" app from HP did not do anything for me....

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best rds,

Wouter Kreuwel

HP Recommended

Kyle, 

yes, please send me the instructions you indicated previously for partial reset.

I'm assuming you have access to my email to send it privately?

HP Recommended

I have sent the steps to both of you. Check your inbox.

Best of luck,

Kyle

Signature
HP Recommended
Thanks, it works now
HP Recommended

Awesome! I glad the reset helped to resolve your issue!

Have a great day,

Kyle

Signature
HP Recommended

Please can you also send me the fix ......i am having the same problems as all those above.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.