04-26-2010 11:45 AM
Mac 10.4.11 with linksys router(wired or wireless), Checked box for wireless communication as I have also added Mac laptop. Everything works it just seems so slow to respond. My desktop has an ethernet connection which is currently plugged in so maybe I should have only installed for wireless on the laptop,? Does this make sense?Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
04-26-2010 01:04 PM
What printer? Tell me about your network - router brand/model, encryption type (WEP, WPA, etc) and ISP type (DSL, Cable, etc).
Is the printer connected with Ethernet and wireless? This will cause problems.
Routers do not care how devices are connected, they all have access to each other whether wired or wireless.
I recommend Ethernet connection (only) if you can, then reset the printing system and re-add printer:
- Sys Prefs, Print & Fax
- Right (control) click the print queue area and select Reset Printing System.
- Select the plus sign to re-add it. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software