HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
09-03-2009 05:49 PM
09-03-2009 07:06 PM
Worked for Airport Express and P1006 connected to it by USB
- Driver works fine
- Download driver from this link
0fd4ddd22d57830d38b7089746d69aeaac38e765efcc94f51d 21065ed42a21e585f8444478ba82bec26c4aa05ddc/H/Hewle tt-Packard/Printers/LJP1000_P1500_OSX_ful_sol-v1.0 .4.dmg
- goto system preferences
- the printer & fax
- right click above the +- on the right side where you add printers and reset printer system... ( This will clear all other drivers )
- with the printer on, install the DMG printer driver you installed
- the go back to printer& fax in system preferences and add the p1006 printer
- it will select the P1006 printer with auto select,then hi ok
- restart the Mac
- ok open a doc or web site and print
- Call HP and Apple how unhappy you are with their printer support.
09-03-2009 09:31 PM
09-08-2009 10:23 PM
This worked for me too. I uninstalled the current driver and installed the one in this thread. I have Snow Leopard and a MBPro. Here's the link again:
09-09-2009 12:10 AM
The temporary solution (works good) is to download old drivers for HP P1000-1500 series (v.1.04) at following link:
Thank you so much!
09-09-2009 02:47 PM
YES! Finally works with the "workaround" solution, which by the way, HP, is ridiculous.
Just remember to restart the mac before trying to print anything. And get rid of the old drivers (so go to system prefs-->printers --> and REMOVE the old P1006.
Also, be aware that even though these drivers say P1005, they still work.
I tried downloading the Apple drivers - and it didn't work.
I tried installing "optional install" materials from Snow leopard DVD -- didn't work.
Then I tried HP drivers: didn't work.
Then I got really nervous because "computer issues" are not decent excuses in law school. Then I googled this stuff like crazy, found the workaround and it worked!