09-28-2009 06:28 AM
03-17-2010 10:36 AM
What version of OS X are you using (now)? Does it only do it from FF and w/.pdf's?
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
03-22-2010 12:15 PM
I have had four HP printers so far in a series of Mac computers and OS's. They all cut off the top of the page while previews showed the whole page. I have had to move things to other apps like Photoshop or others to add blank space to the top or reduce the size of the printout in the print dialog. Irritating but there is no other fix I have heard of. The position shifting in the preview dialog of some apps is no help.
09-09-2011 10:35 AM
I had the same problem printing from Preview on my Mac. The PDF displayed fine, but when it actually printed, the top was cutoff on my HP Photosmart 2610. Would be fine when I printed on my Epson printer.
What I did to make it print correctly was change a few things in the printer box that comes up in Preview when you click to print. Specifically, the "Scale" radio button by default is selected with a scale of 100%. I instead clicked the "Scale to Fit" radio button and within that selection clicked on "Fill Entire Page". That fixes it for me.
The reason I found this forum is because I was trying to find a way to automate this change. Right now, I have to change this every time I print a PDF. So sometimes I forget and have to print it over again.
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software