Question

Honor Student
timzski
Message 1 of 8 (6,236 Views)

Top of print job gets cut off

I have Mac OS, using Photosmart 7150 printer. When I print a pdf or something from Firefox, the printer cuts off the top of the page. When I preview before printing everything looks fine. How do I get the job to print centered on the page and not cut off the top part?
Honor Student
enofziger
Message 2 of 8 (5,959 Views)

Re: Top of print job gets cut off

Were you ever able to resolve this?  Am having a similar issue with Photosmart B209A and my Mac.

Honor Student
timzski
Message 3 of 8 (5,955 Views)

No. I was never able to resolve this. Please let me know if you figure anything out.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 8 (5,946 Views)

What version of OS X are you using (now)?  Does it only do it from FF and w/.pdf's?

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
timzski
Message 5 of 8 (5,940 Views)

I have MAC OS 10. It seems to cut the top off on everything, pdf's, word docs and things from firefox.

Student
rharriss
Message 6 of 8 (5,912 Views)

I have had four HP printers so far in a series of Mac computers and OS's.  They all cut off the top of the page while previews showed the whole page.  I have had to move things to other apps like Photoshop or others to add blank space to the top or reduce the size of the printout in the print dialog.  Irritating but there is no other fix I have heard of.  The position shifting in the preview dialog of some apps is no help.

Student
eddieb4me
Message 7 of 8 (4,531 Views)

I had the same problem printing from Preview on my Mac.  The PDF displayed fine, but when it actually printed, the top was cutoff on my HP Photosmart 2610.  Would be fine when I printed on my Epson printer.

What I did to make it print correctly was change a few things in the printer box that comes up in Preview when you click to print.  Specifically, the "Scale" radio button by default is selected with a scale of 100%.  I instead clicked the "Scale to Fit" radio button and within that selection clicked on "Fill Entire Page".  That fixes it for me.

The reason I found this forum is because I was trying to find a way to automate this change.  Right now, I have to change this every time I print a PDF.  So sometimes I forget and have to print it over again. 

Student
morrisk
Message 8 of 8 (1,607 Views)

I have the same problem with my HP Officejet 6500 when trying to print from my iMac OSX 10.8

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation