Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I see loads of forums re this problem but with no real solution.  

I have an HP officejet Pro 8600 plus.  I used to have a smaller HP but never had this problem.

I agree that in word you get the box to untick if you don't want double sided printing. BUT when in Excel you do not get the same printer option and I cannot find anywhere to stop it printing double sided from Excel.  This is so annoying.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,
Please follow the steps below to dosable two-sided printing:

From  Excel, click the File menu and select Print. The Print window appears.
NOTE: The Print window might be minimized. Click on Show Details to see all available settings.

Click the Copies & Pages within the print dialog.

Select Layout from the drop-down menu.

Set the Two-Sided option as Off

You may save the settings for future use by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset... Any used preset will remain default till another preset will be used.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

NOTE: The Print window might be minimized. Click on Show Details to see all available settings.

You may save the settings for future use by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset... Any used preset will remain default till another preset will be used.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you so much yes it worked!  so simple but just couldn't find. really appreciate it.

HP Recommended

This is driving me nuts! Somehow the preset is now for double sided printing - which I never want - and I can't get it to reset to single. You wrote:

"You may save the settings for future use by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset... Any used preset will remain default till another preset will be used."

but there is no "presets" or "save current settings as preset"

HP Recommended

The solution presented did not work for me

@ShlomiL wrote:

Hi,

Regards,
Shlomi

HP Recommended

Tried all of the suggestions...turned off 2 sided printing options in excel and hp printer sys pref...downloaded latest driver...tried to uncheck duplex printing box in system preferences still no success with turning off this problem. 

Finally I found this web page and then this youtube tutorial and followed the steps and it worked:

https://www.ivanexpert.com/blog/2017/03/turning-off-double-sided-printing-by-default-on-a-mac/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOtD5iZTojg

Hope this helps others that have this problem.  It appears to be a Macintosh system preferences issue but it is totally unacceptable that HP tech support is unable to resolve this issue or to direct users to this solution!

Shame on you HP!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.