Question

Honor Student
tommymommy
Message 1 of 4 (391 Views)
Accepted Solution

Unable to download software for CLJ 4600 to new iMac with OS 10.8.5

I am attempting to set up my HP CLJ 4600 on my new iMac with OS 10.8.5. The printer is visible when I hit the + sign in the Print & Scan menu as a Nearby Printer. When the printer is selected, I briefly receive a message that it is attempting to set up, then receive the message "Unable to download the software from the server at this time."

The CLJ 4600 model number is C9660A.

I am connected wirelessly to the internet, and this connection is working fine.

The printer is connected to my iMac via an ethernet cable from the JetDirect in the printer.

When plugged into my old iMac (10.4.11) via the same ethernet cable, the printer works perfectly.

Do you have any idea why I am receiving his error message, and how I can overcome it?

Thanks for any help that you can give!

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 2 of 4 (371 Views)

Re: Unable to download software for CLJ 4600 to new iMac with OS 10.8.5

Hi Tommymommy,

I understand you are unable to download software for CLJ 4600 to new iMac with OS 10.8.5.

Here is a link that will assist you.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/mostViewedDisplay/?sp4ts.oid=743...

It gives you a step by step.

Please feel free to contact me if you have other questions

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
tommymommy
Message 3 of 4 (368 Views)

Thanks Mrstenter! Instead of choosing my printer from the dropdown list after clicking the + sign in the Print & Scan screen, I selected "Add a printer or scanner" and then selected the printer. It worked perfectly! Thanks for your help!

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 4 of 4 (366 Views)

Hey Tommymommy,

I am glad to hear it works. 

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation