06-05-2012 10:38 PM
Thanks for the post. With this one, if you run a simple copy from the glass/control panel, does it still deliver a B/W version? If so, I would suspect the ink system. If not, I would be looking at a possible driver issue. Ensure that the printer (OJ Pro 8500 plus) is selected when you begin your scanning. Also, you can scan via a different method to further narrow down the issue. I've included a couple of links below that will give you some other scanning options and some things to check in the printer settings. Good Luck!
*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*
*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*
06-06-2012 12:40 AM
Additionally, If you use the device front panel to scan a PDF file, please follow the steps below:
The default scan workflow configured to scan documents as Black and White. Make sure to change the scan settings to scan documents with color:
If you use Mac OS X 10.7, make sure to install the following update first, otherwise skip to the next step:
1. Open the HP Utility and select your device.
2. From Scan Settings open the "Scan to Computer".
3. Click the Scan Tasks tab.
4. Select the affected shortcut and click on Edit... (or just double-click the shortcut).
5. In the section of Scan from an HP Device click on the blue triangle to enlarge the menu.
6. From the enlarged menu now open the drop-down menu next to Mode
7. Now select the Color option and then click on OK to save the changes. The next scanned document using this workflow will appear in color.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software