Question

Top Student
larrybobba
Message 1 of 2 (128 Views)
Accepted Solution

Why does iMac fail to see LaserJet 4050TN?

I suddenly can not get an HP LaserJet 4050TN to print from my iMac.

Background:

This printer & iMac worked fine together one week ago.  Then, prior to leaving my home office for a week,  my wife just pulled the power plug of the HP LaserJet 4050TN from the wall, instead of properly turning off the printer via the power switch.

(I am now suspicious that this incorrect power-down may have somehow caused my problem.)

I'm back to work now and I have plugged in and powered up everything. But, alas, I cannot print from iMac to Laserjet.

1.) My iMac is connected to my Time Capsule via an ethernet cable and another ethernet cable goes to the printer.

2.)  All connections appear to be correct. i.e., the little ethernet lights appear at each connection site at printer and Time Capsule.

3.) The printer CAN print as it works fine from my wife's Dell which is connected to the printer via a serial cable.

4.) When I Ping the printer from Network Utility, I get 100% packet loss. So iMac apparently does not even 'see' the ptinter.

Does anyone have a solution or perhaps could direct me to trouble shooting site?

Thanks.

Top Student
larrybobba
Message 2 of 2 (117 Views)

Re: Why does iMac fail to see LaserJet 4050TN?

[ Edited ]

FIXED!

The IP address of the printer had changed. I printed a new Configuration Page from the printer, entered the new IP address into my iMac, and I connected and can now print.

I credit this post for solving my problem:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ma

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation