08-15-2013 07:34 AM
I suddenly can not get an HP LaserJet 4050TN to print from my iMac.
This printer & iMac worked fine together one week ago. Then, prior to leaving my home office for a week, my wife just pulled the power plug of the HP LaserJet 4050TN from the wall, instead of properly turning off the printer via the power switch.
(I am now suspicious that this incorrect power-down may have somehow caused my problem.)
I'm back to work now and I have plugged in and powered up everything. But, alas, I cannot print from iMac to Laserjet.
1.) My iMac is connected to my Time Capsule via an ethernet cable and another ethernet cable goes to the printer.
2.) All connections appear to be correct. i.e., the little ethernet lights appear at each connection site at printer and Time Capsule.
3.) The printer CAN print as it works fine from my wife's Dell which is connected to the printer via a serial cable.
4.) When I Ping the printer from Network Utility, I get 100% packet loss. So iMac apparently does not even 'see' the ptinter.
Does anyone have a solution or perhaps could direct me to trouble shooting site?
This question was solved. View Solution.
Re: Why does iMac fail to see LaserJet 4050TN?
08-15-2013 08:58 AM
08-15-2013 08:58 AM - edited 08-15-2013 09:00 AM
The IP address of the printer had changed. I printed a new Configuration Page from the printer, entered the new IP address into my iMac, and I connected and can now print.
I credit this post for solving my problem:
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software