HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
03-10-2012 09:02 PM
I've spent 2 hours so far trying to figure out how to print wirelessly from Mac 10.6.8 to P1102. No luck.
Getting same error as others have said when trying to open HTML Config:
This page contains the following errors:
Wish I had read this forum before I bought it. HP website is a labyrinth and I can't find David Bowie even! You have no power over me, HP! Except you do have power over my inability to print wirelessly.
03-11-2012 12:15 AM - edited 03-11-2012 12:19 AM
After a week Carlo announced that the powers that be at HP had agreed to refund the purchase price for my LJP1102W. So they clearly know and accept that there is a problem with the wireless and eprint functions on this machine vis a vis mac. They would not change it for another model that worked or provide any other compensation for the time and money wasted. This is a very unsatisfactory result and HP have not heard the end of this. I have found the process poor and the outcome dire. HP really need to listen to customers who have justified complaints. Miy printer will be publicy trashed and the correspondence made public.. Shame, since i have been a customer for years and have several hp printers.
03-11-2012 07:32 PM
OK! I think I got it to work!!!
Here's what I did:
1) Turn printer off.
2) Hold down the "X" and "WIFI" button and turn printer back on. Wait for it to flash and the release X and WIFI buttons.
3) Give it a few seconds for blue light to come on printer. Go to your Wifi and connect to Device: (will look something like HP7C474.
3) Wait 3 minutes.
4) Hold down "X" button for 3 secs on printer and release = prints configuration page
5) Look at IPv4 address on page (will be something like 169.254.XX.XX)
6) Type that IP address into Safari (Chrome did not work for me)
7) Should bring up HP Panel
8) At that point, refer to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detail
9) I use WPA2, not WEP like in video, so typed in password and hit Apply
NOTE: This didn't work for me at first, browser froze up and didn't bring up a page. But one time I did it and waited for a while and it said that it worked and asked me to click OK but I didn't see OK button. So...
10) Return to your actual WIFI network
11) Add printer - hopefully you will see yours as a Bonjour printer now. Add it.
12) Delete USB connected printer
13) Unconnect USB
14) Try to print something...SUCCESS!
I am doubtful this will work forever but hopefully it will...I'm suspecting I'll have more issues very soon. Will relay back. In the meantime, hope this helps.
07-09-2012 04:01 PM
I had the same issue.
Finally I solved following these intructions:
1) Install the drivers
2) Reset factory settings
3) Switch off / switch on
4) Create an Ad-Hoc connection
5) Look for a Wifi called something like HP79DC75
6) Connect to this Wifi, the blue led blik will release.
7) REALLY IMPORTANT! Wait at least 10 minutes. This will let the the printer assign an IP.
07-27-2012 07:45 PM
Amen, my brother. I have NEVER seen soooooooooooooo many posts about the same issue on one printer. I have to go through about 2-3 hours of BS trying to get this piece of crap to work about every month or so; and I can tell you, the next time, it's going straight to the recycle center. HP USED to be a great company - it's now become the same as all the rest of the failing tech companies. Rest in Peace HP!
01-07-2013 11:24 PM
I have a mac and trying to connect to my HP 1102w wirless printer. when I run the HP installation software and input the IP address for the printer, the dial spins and returns with a "device not found error". Anything I should check on the mac, wireless router, or printer? I am using a NETGEAR 2000 wireless router. thanks
06-24-2013 12:27 AM
I am VERY frustrated! What do you mean "go to your WIFI and connect to HP..."? Do you mean at the airport on my computer? It's not in the list. If I can't figure this out pretty soon I'm going to return it.
08-05-2013 11:14 PM
Well...here it is August 2013 and none of us can still get this HP printer working after all these years. So it works fine with the USB hooked up...but getting a wireless connection is impossible.
Does HP just not know quite how to fix their 'technology' so it can actually work? I bought the P1102w almost 2 weeks ago and STILL can't find any way to make the wireless work. I've got one more day then I'm going to return the printer to Office Max. What a huge disappointment.
I guess technology's still got a ways to go! Especially HP.
08-05-2013 11:19 PM
Forgot to say....I've seen several folks now say that once they think they do have the wireless working, they have to do all this work all over again because it loses its wireless connection every few weeks. What that tells me is, give up....return the 'printer' and get your money back while you can. HP must have never meant for the wireless part to work.