Question

Top Student
chloeveltman
Message 1 of 14 (8,802 Views)

Wireless printing problem with HP Envy all-in-one 110 when running Mac OS 10.7

I just bought the HP Envy all-in-one 110. I have a Macbook Air running IS 10.7. I managed to install the software correctly and the wirless network light is showing on the printer. I ran a test page from the printer and all the settings say they are "enabled." But I still can't get the printer to print over the wireless network. When I plugged in a USB cable, I managed to get it to print. I have a wireless router running over the Sonic.net DSL network. Network strength is good. I've switched off and restarted all equipment several times but still no results. Help!

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 14 (8,795 Views)

Re: Wireless printing problem with HP Envy all-in-one 110 when running Mac OS 10.7

Hi,

I believe the router may not support Multicasting, a network protocol used for Apple's Bonjour service to operate as it should.

Will be helpful to know the exact router brand and model.

As a workaroung, you may try setting the printer by using standard IP, it should allow you to print, however the router issue (more likely) have to be handled first to allow the full software functionality including scanning.

Follow the steps below to set an IP print queue, it will also help to better understand the cause for the problem:

1. Enter System Preferences > Print & Scan.
  2. Click the plus sign.
  3. Click the IP icon.
  4. Select the HP Jetdirect Socket protocol.
  5. Enter the printer IP address into the Address field

Now try printing using the newly created print queue, listed as the printer IP address.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
chloeveltman
Message 3 of 14 (8,786 Views)

Re: Wireless printing problem with HP Envy all-in-one 110 when running Mac OS 10.7

Thanks for your response!

I just talk to my wireless company, Sonic.net (which provides my service as well as supplied me with the router.) The rep there said that the ZTEW300 modem DOES support multicasting and that the problem lies in the connection between the printer and my laptop. Can you assist further please?

Thanks

Chloe

Teacher
JustinNS
Message 4 of 14 (8,767 Views)

Hi

If I am not wrong you are unable to print from Envy printer which is wirelessly connected to your Mac OS 10.7.

Please perform the below step on the printer touch screen

Touch the Wrench icon - Touch Wireless - Display Network Configuration page -- print it

Check the IP address and Network Name from printed configuration page

Please check that you are using Same Home Network Name for both, Mac and printer

To check the connectivity between Mac and printer

Open New Web Browser and enter the IP address in the address bar and hit enter

You will see Printer information page open.

If it is open, there is connectivity between printer and Mac

Product Updates:

Touch the Wrench icon -- Web Services -- Product Updates --Check for Product Updates 

Once update is done

Please perform the below step

Turn OFF the Printer

Turn OFF the Router

Wait for 2 minutes

Then turn ON the Router First

Turn ON the Printer

Then open Print and Scan window in Mac

Click on Apple icon -- System Preference -- Print and Scan

You will see printer entry listed in the left side pane of Print and Scan window

Press and hold the Control key from keyboard, while holding the control key, cilck on the Printer (HP Envy 110 series) from the left side pane of Print and Scan window -- select Reset Printing System.

You will get the prompt to enter the Mac Admin Password and click on Yes to remove all printer from the Print and Scan window

then click on Plus Sign, wait for few minutes you will see Printer listed as Bonjour Multifunction under kind, select it and then click on Add

If you have install printer software for Mac OS 10.7.

If you are facing problem to Scan to Computer

Then please connect printer to Mac via USB Cable

Click on the below web link to update the Scan to Computer Critical UPdate for Mac OS 10.7, then click on Download and save the file, once you save the file, double click on it and install it

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-101648-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Regards
Justin
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution : )
Top Student
chloeveltman
Message 5 of 14 (8,765 Views)

Hi Justin

Thanks for your advice

I went through the process you described in its entirety with a tech support person from HP yesterday. 

We managed to get one page to print wirelessly. 

But when I tried to print another document, once again I got the error message that that the computer can't connect with the printer.

Any other ideas?

Help!

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 6 of 14 (8,761 Views)

Hi,

As I explain in my previous post, did you got the same results by using the Jetdirect Socket rather than Bonjour?

1. Enter System Preferences > Print & Scan.
  2. Click the plus sign.
  3. Click the IP icon.
  4. Select the HP Jetdirect Socket protocol.
  5. Enter the printer IP address (As listed by the Network Configuration Page) into the Address field.
  6. Click Add.

Now you will see a new Print Queue, listed as the printer IP address. It will help a lot to know if the same results are given while trying to print to the new print queue or not.

If the print fails using the specific queue as well, please clarify the exact IP Address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway values as listed by the printer Network Configuration Page.

Additionally, click the Wi-Fi icon at the top of the Mac OS X, click Open Network Preferences and clarify the IP Address listed for the Wi-Fi connection of the Mac OS.

If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
chloeveltman
Message 7 of 14 (8,760 Views)

yes, we used the jetdiredct socket
no result

any other thoughts?

c

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 8 of 14 (8,757 Views)

[ Edited ]

There are many other thoughts, however I afraid we will not be able to help you much if you will not help us doing so.

Please clarify the exact IP Address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway values as listed by the printer Network Configuration Page.

Additionally, click the Wi-Fi icon at the top of the Mac OS X, click Open Network Preferences and clarify the IP Address listed for the Wi-Fi connection of the Mac OS.

Top Student
chloeveltman
Message 9 of 14 (8,743 Views)

Hi there

here are the detais you requested:

From Network Configuration Page.

IP Address 192.168.1.4

Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway 192.168.1.1

IP Address from the Wi-Fi icon in Open Network Preferences 192.168.1.2

FYI -- I called my ISP (which also supplied me with my wireless router) and we went through everything to check that all the ports etc are open as they should be. I also made sure that the firewall was off. But still the problem persists. 

Thanks for your further assistance. 

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 10 of 14 (8,737 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for the added information.

As the issue does not occour via USB, I still mostly suspect any network issue rather than a software problem.

Please try resetting the printing system and check for any change:

*Be aware that resetting the printer system will remove any existing print queue and reset any customized driver settings.

Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences .
Select Print & Scan.
Right-click (or Ctrl + click) your product in the Printers list in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system .
Click OK to confirm the reset.
Type your user Name and Password .
Click OK . The printing system resets.

Now click the Plus sign to re-add the printer and check for any change.

If the same problem persists, please try to temporary bypass the router by setting a direct connection betweek the Mac and the Printer, in order to isolate any possible cause:

Step one: Restore the network defaults on the HP All-in-One

1. Make sure that your HP product is connected to a network with Internet access.
  2. Touch the Right Arrow ( ), and then touch Setup .
  3. Touch Network .
  4. Touch the Down Arrow ( ), and then touch Restore Network Defaults .
  5. When asked 'Are you sure? ' touch Yes .
  6. After the network defaults restore, touch the Up Arrow ( ), touch Wireless Connection and then touch On.
  7. The message 'Wireless Radio is now on ' should briefly display on the control panel and the Wireless light ( ) on the HP product should start to blink. The HP product is now openly broadcasting the ad hoc wireless network.

From the Mac, click the Wi-Fi icon and then click Join Other Network.

Click Show Networks.

Select the pritner name from the list - HP Envy 110 e-All-in-One D411 and click Join.

Allow 3 minutes to fully establish the network connection, reset the printing system once again and add the printer by clicking the Plus sign.

Can you see any difference while using the temporary ad hoc network?

Once the test been completed, make sure to reconnect the printer by running the Wireless Setup Wizard and the Mac by selecting Join Other Network and selecting your network name from the list.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation