Question

Honor Student
tmdpubs
Message 1 of 4 (3,117 Views)

Wireless use of HP Officejet J5780 scanner capability

I have my Officejet J5780  set up on a wireless network that I use via a Macbook Pro  (OS 10.5.3) and my wife uses via a pc laptop computer. It works fine for printing, but we cannot use the scanner capabilities. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Associate Professor
Wi-Fi-Guy
Message 2 of 4 (3,078 Views)

Re: Wireless use of HP Officejet J5780 scanner capability

Have you tried downloading and installing the Mac universal driver or the PC driver from here?
Regards / Jim B / Wireless Enthusiasts
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Honor Student
tmdpubs
Message 3 of 4 (3,071 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion, but yes. I downloaded and installed the universal Mac driver. It works fine for printing. It just won't find the scanner application.
So I'm still open for suggestions. Thanks again.

Student
wspilk
Message 4 of 4 (662 Views)

I have no solution for you but am interested in your set-up for PC compatible wireless printing.  Care to share the details?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation