Question

Honor Student
BearEagle
Message 1 of 6 (433 Views)
Accepted Solution

c8180 scanning with os x 10.9.2

After upgrade to OS X 10.9.2 the scanner on my HP C8180 will not work, (wireless) . The image is just some shady lines. Printing is fine. I have downloaded HP Printer Driver Patch_v1.0.0, but no cange. I will be grateful for good advice.

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 2 of 6 (407 Views)

Re: c8180 scanning with os x 10.9.2

Hi BearEagle,

Welcome to the HP forums!

I see from your post that you have a Photosmart C8180 that isn't scanning properly since upgrading to 10.9. I'm sorry to hear this but I will certainly do my best to help!

When you upgraded to 10.9 did you uninstall the HP software you had and then proceed to install via the Apple Updates?

Are you using the HP scanning software, or an Apple program?

Are you starting the scan from the printer or the software?

Hope to hear back from you soon!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
BearEagle
Message 3 of 6 (395 Views)

Hi, Thank you for your reply.

I did not uninstall any software. As far as I recall (had this superb printer for many years) I am using HP software from the installation CD.

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 4 of 6 (366 Views)

Hi BearEagle,

Thanks for the reply!

I believe I know what the issue is. At this time there is no 10.9 HP software for your Photosmart, so the software that is being used is not intended for that operating system. What you will want to do is follow this Uninstalling the Printer Software document to get the HP software uninstalled, and then proceed to follow this OS X v10.9 Mavericks: Installing and Using the Printer on a Mac document to get the printer installed via the Apple Updates. Once that is completed you will be able to print and scan using the Apple software. If you're not sure how to scan using the Apple software, please have a look through this How to Scan: OS X v10.9 document.

Let me know how this goes for you!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
BearEagle
Message 5 of 6 (326 Views)

Sorry for late feedback. I tried different options for scanning. Method 1 "PREVIEW" worked fine, thank you.

(Preview-Import from Scanner)

Method two and three did not scan the whole document, it came out bits and peaces of the text ? Maybe some setting problems?

Anyway Scanning from Preview works well for me. Thank you for good support!

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 6 of 6 (322 Views)

Hi BearEagle,

1 out of 3 is better than 0 out of 3 :smileyhappy:

I'm glad that method is working for you! I just wanted to ask if it's possible for you to mark my post as an Accepted Solution? That way if anyone is experiencing a similar issue the answer is easier to find. If not though, no hard feelings, it was a pleasure to work with you and I hope you have a great day!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation