Question

Student
michaeldavid30
Message 1 of 3 (2,745 Views)

can i install the hp color laserjet 2840 driver on a mac os x?

I have a HP Color Laserjet 2840 and an iMac runing Mac OS X ver. 10.7.4.

Can I install and use the full suite of HP software to fully operate the printer and scanner features?  Currently I can only print with very limited functionality that the printer offers.

Please help!

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 3 (2,737 Views)

Re: can i install the hp color laserjet 2840 driver on a mac os x?

Hi,

I affraid your printer is not fully supported by Lion Mac OS X 10.7.

As you may find listed below, only print functionality provided for the OS and scanning is no longer supported:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02925114#A2

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
DingoMd
Message 3 of 3 (2,654 Views)

Re: can i install the hp color laserjet 2840 driver on a mac os x?

Yeah, this is a problem. We are running a new MacBook Pro, but have 3 older MacBooks on the network, and now have to buy a new printer because HP doesn't want to write the software to run the product? You seem to make new drivers for every Windows version that comes out every 2 years, but not for Mac? Is HP going to make a driver, or should we just stop using HP altogether?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation