05-27-2012 01:10 AM
I have a HP Color Laserjet 2840 and an iMac runing Mac OS X ver. 10.7.4.
Can I install and use the full suite of HP software to fully operate the printer and scanner features? Currently I can only print with very limited functionality that the printer offers.
05-27-2012 06:25 AM
I affraid your printer is not fully supported by Lion Mac OS X 10.7.
As you may find listed below, only print functionality provided for the OS and scanning is no longer supported:
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
06-21-2012 07:05 PM
Yeah, this is a problem. We are running a new MacBook Pro, but have 3 older MacBooks on the network, and now have to buy a new printer because HP doesn't want to write the software to run the product? You seem to make new drivers for every Windows version that comes out every 2 years, but not for Mac? Is HP going to make a driver, or should we just stop using HP altogether?
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software